SOC-as-a-Service Leader Augments Portfolio with Corporate Credential Exposure Detection
SUNNYVALE, CA – November 20, 2019 – Arctic Wolf Networks, a leading security operations center (SOC)-as-a-service company, today announced the addition of Account Takeover Risk Detection capabilities, allowing customers of the Arctic Wolf™ Managed Risk service to identify corporate credential exposures to the dark web.
“Data breaches are happening with increasing frequency, and the pervasiveness of credential reuse can leave companies exposed to detrimental account takeovers”, said Brian NeSmith, CEO and co-founder of Arctic Wolf. “This announcement further extends the Arctic Wolf Managed Risk solution capabilities beyond vulnerability management to provide a more complete view of an enterprise’s cyber risk posture.”
According to Gartner, “security and risk management leaders responsible for vulnerability management should: Implement a vulnerability management program that includes discovery, prioritization and then treatment.” Further, “By 2022, organizations that use the risk-based vulnerability management method will suffer 80% fewer breaches.”.1
Part of the Arctic Wolf™ Managed Risk solution, the External Vulnerability Assessment continuously scans customers’ public-facing internet environments against one of the world’s largest repositories of third-party data breach information recovered from dark and grey web sources. This insight is used to produce observations and a risk score assessment, as well as to raise alerts about potential account takeover situations. The Arctic Wolf Concierge Security Team™ (CST) uses this information to alert Arctic Wolf Managed Risk subscribers of high-risk behavior and neutralize a bad actor’s ability to progress an account takeover attack any further.
Key features of the Arctic Wolf™ Managed Risk solution include:
- Account takeover risk detection, which identifies corporate credentials exposed on the dark web
- In-depth asset inventory (hardware, software, location attributes), dynamic classification, risk-based vulnerability assessment, and security controls benchmarking capabilities
- Trusted security professionals from the Arctic Wolf Concierge Security™ team (CST) who provide exposure alerts and additional context through data breach cataloguing to help reduce risk
- Comprehensive security coverage from proactive risk management to managed detection and response services, which is available from a single SOC-as-a-service platform
Account Takeover Risk Detection is available immediately to existing Arctic Wolf™ Managed Risk customers.
- For more information on Arctic Wolf solutions, please visit www.arcticwolf.com.
- Visit our blog, check out webinars, and join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Source: Prateek Bhajanka and Craig Lawson, Gartner “Implement a Risk-Based Approach to Vulnerability Management”, August 21, 2018
About Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf Networks delivers personal, predictable protection from cybersecurity threats through an industry-leading security operations center (SOC)-as-a-service. Arctic Wolf™ Managed Detection and Response and Managed Risk services are anchored by the Arctic Wolf Concierge Security™ Team who provide custom threat hunting, alerting, and reporting. Arctic Wolf’s purpose-built, cloud-based SOC-as-a-service offers 24×7 monitoring, risk management, threat detection, and response. For more information about Arctic Wolf, visit arcticwolf.com.
Katie Pesek, +1.703.390.1505