Last Updated Date:
March 17, 2020
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us We collect Information directly from you when:
- you fill out and submit web forms on our Website;
- you use interactive features on our Website;
- you participate in our surveys;
- you register for or attend a sponsored event;
- you request a demo or free trial of any of our products and services;
- you participate in promotional events, drawings, and/or give-aways;
- you engage with sales representatives, including on phone calls;
- you post on Arctic Wolf message boards, chat features, or blogs;
- you visit our offices and register as a visitor;
- you provide Information to our authorized partner(s); or
- you report a problem.
The Information you may provide includes (i) your name, (ii) telephone number, (iii) email address, (iv) title, (v) company, (vi) country, (vii) state, (viii) department or job role, (ix) information concerning your company or business, and (x) the nature of your request. We do not collect nor process special categories of personal data. You may choose not to provide Information to us but doing so may limit our ability to communicate with you or fulfill your requests. Information We Collect Automatically Arctic Wolf, its affiliates, and authorized third parties may use information-gathering technologies to automatically collect Information as you navigate our Website. These technologies include:
- Web Beacons. We may use web beacons or transparent GIF files to enable our service providers to recognize a cookie in your browser. This will help us manage and measure our online advertising and analyze traffic. The cookie can be placed either by us or by our service providers.
- Similar Technologies. For the same purposes as cookies and web beacons, we use other technologies, such as tags, scripts, HTML5 local storage, and local shared objects.
- Do Not Track. Due to the lack of a common industry or legal standard for interpreting Do Not Track (DNT) signals, Arctic Wolf does not respond to browser DNT signals. Arctic Wolf will continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard in order to enhance our privacy program in relation to this technology.
How We Use the Information
We, or our selected third parties, may use the Information to contact you by email or phone to:
- provide you with information about our products and services that may interest you;
- respond to your inquiries;
- invite you to our events;
- evaluate the frequency, duration and patterns of usage of our Website to understand and improve our Website user experience;
- update and expand our records with new Information to identify potential customers; and
- register you as a visitor to our offices and manage non-disclosures you may be required to sign for security reasons to ensure protection of our facilities and confidential information.
- To obtain any required consent;
- To respond to any problem that you reported to us;
- To respond to any request that you send to us;
- To notify you when we are legally required to do so;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you requested from us;
- To provide you with a demo of any of our products or services when requested;
- To send you an invoice if you are an attendee at an event organized or sponsored by us;
- To notify you about changes to our Website;
- To identify areas for improvement, and improve our Website;
- To measure the effectiveness of our Website and marketing efforts; and
- To diagnose and resolve technical problems with our Website.
How We Share Your Information
We may share Information as necessary to operate our business and only in the manner described below. We may share or disclose Information in the following ways: When changing our business structure In the event of a proposed or completed merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of our assets, similar transactions or proceedings, or steps in contemplation of such activities, Information held by us may be among the assets transferred to the buyer or acquirer; When conducting our business operations We may use third party service providers to provide services on our behalf, including billing, payment processing, customer support, data analysis, advertising, and undertaking improvements to our products and services. Our service providers are only provided with information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose Information for their own marketing or other purposes. Our service providers may be located in the U.S., Canada or other foreign jurisdictions; To conduct our joint sales or product promotion activities We may engage in joint sales or product promotions with select business partners and share your Information with those partners for purposes of participating in sales activities, marketing our products and services, and attending, hosting or sponsoring sales events; To comply with laws We and our affiliates or service providers in the U.S. or other jurisdictions may disclose Information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements (which may include lawful access by U.S. or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities) and to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security, law enforcement requirements, court orders and legal processes; To protect rights and safety To protect and defend the brand, rights, property and safety of Arctic Wolf Networks, Inc. and its affiliates, Arctic Wolf customers, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud; and With your consent Except as described above, we will provide you with notice when your Information will be shared with third parties, and you can choose not to share the Information.
How Long We Keep Your Information
Your Information will be stored for only as long as necessary for the purposes set out above, thus the retention period for your Information will vary depending on your interactions with us (for example, where you have made a request to us via our Website, we will keep a record of your request for the period necessary to ensure the adequate provision of services to you). We will keep a record of your request for as long as necessary to protect us from a legal claim. To determine the appropriate retention period for your Information, we consider the sensitivity of the Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Information, the purpose(s) for which we process your Information, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. The process to maintain Information in our environment is covered in our Data Retention Policy.
Subject to applicable law, you can request to access, correct, or delete your Information. In certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict access to your Information and object to your Information being used in a specific manner. Such requests can be made by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within a reasonable timeframe but not later than any response time(s) required under applicable laws. However, please note that there are limitations to these rights and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
The security of your Information is important to us. Arctic Wolf maintains appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to help protect the confidentiality and integrity of Information that is submitted via our Website both during transmission and once it is received. However, there is no absolute assurance that data will be protected from unknown types of threats and vulnerabilities. You should note that by submitting data through our Website, your Information will be transferred through third-party infrastructures which are not under our control. We will strive to use appropriate tools and procedures to protect your Information, however we cannot guarantee its absolute security. To learn more about our security practices, refer to Information Security Overview.
Our Website does not intentionally collect any Information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of thirteen (13), then do not submit any personal information on our Website. If you learn that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with Information, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will use appropriate tools, procedures, and commercially reasonable efforts to delete that Information.
Location of Data
Arctic Wolf is headquartered in the United States. We have entities, operations and service providers in the United States and throughout the world. We and our service providers may transfer your Information to, or access it from, countries other than the one in which you are located. These countries may have data protection laws different from those of the country which you are located. We will maintain appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to ensure an adequate level of protection of the Information. Please see EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Privacy Shield below for additional information.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these third parties. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
Arctic Wolf complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States. Arctic Wolf has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to these Privacy Shield Principles. Arctic Wolf may process some personal data from individuals or companies via other compliance mechanisms, including data processing agreements based on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program and view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield site at Privacy Shield. Arctic Wolf is responsible for the processing of the personal data it receives under each Privacy Shield Framework and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Arctic Wolf complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, Switzerland and United Kingdom, including the onward transfer liability provisions. With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Arctic Wolf is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we are required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Arctic Wolf commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal data. EU, Swiss, and UK individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Statement should first contact Arctic Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may also call (888) 286-6726. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration by going to Submitting a Complaint on the Privacy Shield website when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
|Identifiers (names, email addresses, phone numbers, mailing address)||YES|
|Commercial Information (Solution information)||YES|
Do Not Sell My Personal Information: Arctic Wolf does not sell, as defined under the CCPA, personal information of any individual, including personal information of minors under 16 years of age. Your Rights: You may have certain rights with respect to your Information, including:
- The right to access, including the right to know the categories and specific pieces of Information Arctic Wolf collects;
- The right to deletion of your Information, subject to certain limitations under applicable law;
- The right to request disclosure of Information collected;
- The right to disclosure of Information disclosed for valuable consideration; and
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising certain rights under California law.
To exercise these rights, please submit a request by emailing email@example.com or you may also call (888) 286-6726. Please be as specific as possible in relation to the Information you wish to access. Once Arctic Wolf receives your request, Arctic Wolf will review it, determine whether Arctic Wolf can verify your identity, and process the request accordingly. If Arctic Wolf needs additional information to verify your identity, Arctic Wolf will let you know. Arctic Wolf will respond to your request within 45 days of receipt or notify you if Arctic Wolf requires additional time. If you would prefer, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
Data Protection Officer and Contact Details
Arctic Wolf’s Data Protection Officer and Information Security Officer are the responsible data protection officers for Arctic Wolf Networks, Inc. and its affiliates. Questions regarding this policy can be directed by mail to the address below, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Arctic Wolf Networks, Inc. Attn: Information Security and Data Protection Officer 111 West Evelyn Ave., Suite 115 Sunnyvale, CA 94086 U.S.A.