The cyberthreat landscape keeps expanding but finding skilled cybersecurity pros is an increasing challenge for today’s organizations. In fact, only 14% of IT security managers feel there are currently enough cybersecurity professionals in the field with the needed skills to hunt down and respond to threats.
For "Surviving the IT Security Skills Shortage," Dark Reading Report surveyed security professionals from 400 leading organizations on their IT security staffing status, plans, and challenges.
Results of the survey include:
- 45% of all organizations have the security personnel they need
- 35% of IT managers believe there is a shortage of IT security professionals at every level
- Only 33% of respondents say they are prepared for threats they'll face in the coming year
- 52% of those surveyed report that it's too difficult to find people with industry-specific experience
- 45% of these organizations handle security entirely in-house
- 54% of organizations say that they have security personnel that are insufficiently trained
Learn more about the implications behind these statistics and what they mean to the future of cybersecurity by downloading the full report.